Photo Gallery 3 Images
LYFORD, Ind. (WTHI) - No injuries were reported after lightning struck a Lyford house.
It happened on Wednesday evening near U.S. 41 and 2nd Street.
According to Sgt. Brad McNeill with the Parke County Sheriff's Office, one person was inside when the lightning struck. That person was able to get out of the home safely
Police say the fire was contained to the attic area.
Some firefighters reportedly had a hard time responding to the fire due to flooding and trees being down.
- Lightning strike leads to Lyford house fire
- Lyford project turned dangerous
- Shocking video: Lightning strikes behind Florida officer
- Wednesday evening house fire in Lyford under investigation
- Lyford Y closure pushed back
- Lyford T reopens to traffic
- Lightning strike silences tornado siren in Sullivan County town
- INDOT holding open house for upcoming project on 'Lyford Y'
- Lightning Makes Grass Greener
- How does lightning form?