TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The fallout from a planned speaking event at Rose-Hulman continues.
A letter posted to Twitter on Monday says a student group has lost its affiliation.
Young Americans for Liberty or "YAL" at Rose invited Nick Fuentes to speak on campus.
Fuentes posted on Twitter Monday evening saying his speaking engagement was canceled.
He also included a letter from Rose-Hulman President Jim Conwell.
According to the letter, the local chapter had to pull the event or lose its affiliation.
YAL said Fuentes' views aren't in line with the group's values.
Students and administration had already voiced concerns about the event.
They say he made belittling comments about women and minorities.
- Letter: Rose-Hulman group loses affiliation, controversial speaking event canceled
- Rose-Hulman hosts career fair
- Girl Scouts discover STEM at Rose-Hulman
- Rose-Hulman Tusk Triathlon supports breast cancer
- Rose-Hulman honored as Tree Campus
- Rose-Hulman celebrates Tree Campus designation
- $25 million project wraps at Rose-Hulman
- Rose-Hulman set to host swimming championship
- Rose-Hulman breaks ground on new building
- Rose-Hulman launches big fundraising campaign