VERMILLION COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Leaders in Vermillion County will soon meet to discuss options to help with jail overcrowding.
Vermillion County Commissioners and the Vermillion County Council will be having a joint meeting.
The goal is to discuss renovating and expanding the current jail.
Leaders will be discussing project costs and funding options.
The meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 24th.
That's at 6 p.m. at the courthouse.
Vermillion County is just one of several areas dealing with jail overcrowding.
- Leaders in Vermillion County to discuss jail expansion options
- Sullivan County exploring jail options
- Sullivan County leaders exploring options for jail project
- Vermillion County Leaders looking at expanding their jail
- Vermillion County leaders seek ways to lower the jail population
- Group gathers to discuss pool options
- Vermillion County leaders work to improve the county's emergency services
- County leaders, public hears final jail recommendations
- Crawford County Jail offering many options to inmates
- Vermillion County Election Results