VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Some changes are happening to an iconic spot on the Saint Mary of the Woods campus.
It's all thanks to a long term project. Thursday, the school held a rededication and blessing ceremony for Le Fer Lake.
You'll remember several years ago, the school had to demolish the bridge over the lake because of structural issues.
Since then, school leaders have dredged the lake, made repairs to a nearby dam, and added a walking trail.
Thursday's ceremony was about unveiling these changes while praying for a positive future for the area.
"The lake is an iconic place on campus. It's a place of beauty and well loved, and now it's going to become a really functional place for us," SMWC President, Dottie King said.
The university also hopes to add an outdoor classroom to the area in the future.
- Le Fer Lake rededication and blessing
- Cabin ravaged by fire rededicated and renamed
- Terre Haute Blessing Box receives a major blessing
- Blessing Box needs your help!
- Bikers blessed ahead of driving season
- It's a 'blessing' that the 'blessing box' returned to its rightful place
- Sisters of Providence hold prayer and blessing for motorcyclist
- Blessing Box vandalized, organizers offering reward for help
- Brazil Blessings Box, meant to help those in need, vandalized
- Convenience is a blessing with new food delivery service