TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Lawyers for the City of Terre Haute asked a federal judge to throw away a lawsuit filed against the city and six other defendants.
Back in July, Overseas Lease Group filed a lawsuit against the construction company that handled Terre Haute's Wastewater Treatment Plant Project.
Two months later, the OLG added the city, board of works, and the wastewater utility to the suit.
OLG accused the city, including Mayor Duke Bennett of operating a pay to play scheme.
Lawyers filed a motion to dismiss this on Monday.
A similar lawsuit filed in the Southern Indiana District has already been dismissed.
- Lawyers for the City of Terre Haute ask judge to throw away lawsuit against city
- Terre Haute's new city judge sworn in
- Governor Holcomb names new Terre Haute city judge
- Judge dismisses "pay-to-play" lawsuit against Terre Haute
- Consultant: Terre Haute city finances improving
- Terre Haute prepares for city leaf pick up
- City officials report Terre Haute leaf pickup ahead of schedule
- Terre Haute City Council approves several new policy changes
- Terre Haute offers free city bus rides on election day
- Rezoning eastside property discussed at Terre Haute City Council meeting