Terre Haute, Ind (WTHI) - Lawyers for Doctor Danny Tanoos are set to file a brief this week. Tanoos faces three counts of bribery in connection to a Marion County, Indiana case.
Authorities accused Tanoos of awarding contracts in exchange for favors. At the time Tanoos served as superintendent for the Vigo County School Corporation.
Both the prosecution and the defense must file briefs with the court by this Wednesday. Tanoos' lawyers must outline why they think his case should be dismissed.
Meanwhile, the Marion County Prosecutor says a jury should decide.
- Lawyers for Doctor Danny Tanoos must file their brief by Wednesday
- Danny Tanoos set to go to court on Wednesday
- File to Dismiss: Danny Tanoos' attorney says charges too vague, can't build a defense
- Danny Tanoos wraps up his last day as superintendent
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- Statement on Danny Tanoos from the Vigo County School Corporation
- VCSC 'moving forward' following termination of Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos to appear for a judge on November 14th
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos
- An emotional Danny Tanoos announces his retirement as Superintendent of VCSC