OWEN COUNTY, Ind. – A SWAT standoff is underway in northern Owen County.
A CBS4 crew encountered a heavy police presence on Kinnickinnick Ridge, which is north of Spencer and south of Cloverdale.
An Indiana State Police trooper said the situation began Thursday night and emphasized that the public wasn’t in any danger.
More than a dozen cars from the Owen County Sheriff’s Office and Indiana State Police lined the street along with an ambulance.
The circumstances leading up to the standoff were unclear.
This is a developing story.
*This story was originally published by WTTV in Indianapolis
- Large police presence reported in Owen County in response to SWAT standoff
- Suspect killed after 31-hour SWAT standoff in Owen County identified
- New details released after Owen County Standoff
- UPDATE: Owen Co Sheriff: Spencer SWAT situation resolved
- Ball State sees large response after Papa John's decision
- Arrest made after police standoff
- Gunman thought responsible for Alabama mall shooting is at large, not dead, police now say
- Police presence across Illinois upped for St. Patrick's Day
- The Vigo County Prosecutor's Office releases its report on a recent police action shooting and standoff.
- Help animals rescued from hoarding situation in Owen County