Photo Gallery 5 Images
TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Sports fans across the country are mourning the loss of celebrated NBA legend Kobe Bryant.
He was killed on Sunday in a helicopter crash. It's a death that hit home for one Wabash Valley woman.
Susan Mardis is a Terre Haute native. Her brother, Frank Hamblen coached Bryant for the Los Angles Lakers.
Click play on the video to hear more about the family's ties to Kobe and more about the legacy he left behind.
- Kobe Bryant's death hits hard for Wabash Valley woman with personal ties
- Kobe Bryant had big plans
- State Trooper involved in Crawfordsville shooting has Wabash Valley ties
- The country is paying tribute to NBA legend Kobe Bryant
- Wabash Valley kids explore the Wabash River
- Event creeps into Wabash Valley
- National spotlight on Wabash Valley
- Hospice of the Wabash Valley
- Governor visits Wabash Valley Town
- Shutdown worries Wabash Valley farmers