KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Three people are facing charges in connection to a series of armed robberies.
Police have identified three people they believe is behind a series of armed robberies in several different counties.
Police arrested Amber Nunley, Tangela Winemiller, and Steven Williams. They are all linked to armed robberies at the following locations:
- 11/22/2020 at around 1:21 a.m. (Central time) at the Circle K in Casey, Illinois
- 11/22/2020 at around 2:21 a.m. (Central time) at the Relax Inn in Marshall, Illinois
- 11/22/2020 at around 5:19 a.m. at the Holiday Inn Express at 46 and Margaret in Terre Haute
- 11/22/2020 at around 5:22 a.m. at the Home 2 Suites at 46 and Margaret in Terre Haute
- 11/22/2020 at around 5:37 a.m. at the Super 8 Motel in Terre Haute
- 11/22/2020 at around 5:45 a.m. at the Hampton Inn in Terre Haute
- 11/22/2020 at around 5:55 a.m. at the Maui Stop at 7th and Springhill In Terre Haute
- 11/27/2020 at around 5:10 a.m. (Central time) Jumpin Jimmy’s in Mt. Carmel Illinois
- 11/28/2020 at around 10:51 a.m. attempted armed robbery at Country Porch in Sullivan IN
On Tuesday morning, the Knox County Sheriff's Office and the Terre Haute Police Department served a search warrant at a home in Oaktown.
After serving that warrant, police arrested Williams and Nunley on armed robbery charges.
Winemiller was arrested early Tuesday morning at a gas station in Vincennes.
Police said this investigation is ongoing.