KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Disciplinary charges have been filed against a southern Indiana judge.
The Indiana Commission on Judicial Qualifications has filed the charges against Judge Ryan Johanningsmeier.
He runs Knox County Superior Court 2.
The commission alleges three counts of misconduct.
It stems from a case in which the judge was reportedly good friends with the defendant and did not recuse himself.
Johanningsmeier was reportedly cautioned about his involvement.
He now has 20 days to file an answer to the charges.
- Knox County judge faces disciplinary charges
- Disciplinary complaint filed against Knox County prosecutor Dirk Carnahan
- Three Knox County men face animal cruelty charges
- Man charged with arson in Knox County
- Knox County Election Results
- Vincennes faces off against Knox County for good cause
- Knox County man's daughter wants custody of her siblings as her dad faces murder charges
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Knox County prepares for primaries
- Former coach faces charges