BICKNELL, Ind. (WTHI) - The Knox County Sheriff's Office is stepping up to help the City of Bicknell, Indiana.
This comes after authorities placed Bicknell Police Chief Terry Stremming on administrative leave.
Stremming was arrested earlier in the week.
The sheriff's office is helping the department cover shifts.
Mayor Thomas Estabrook told us Officer Loren Myers is now in charge of operations.
- Knox County Sheriff's Office stepping in to help Bicknell after town's chief arrested
- Bicknell police chief arrested on battery charge after incident with Knox County prosecutor's office investigator
- Bicknell tears down blighted homes
- Knox County Sheriffs Department gets new equiptment
- Voters select Knox County Sheriff and Clerk
- New sheriff brings change to Knox county
- Bicknell native killed during military training exercise
- Bicknell makes road and housing upgrades
- Knox County swears in new K-9 officer
- Knox County Fair takes steps to keep people safe