BICKNELL, Ind. (WTHI) - The Knox County Sheriff's Office is stepping up to help the City of Bicknell, Indiana.
This comes after authorities placed Bicknell Police Chief Terry Stremming on administrative leave.
Stremming was arrested earlier in the week.
The sheriff's office is helping the department cover shifts.
Mayor Thomas Estabrook told us Officer Loren Myers is now in charge of operations.
- Knox County Sheriff's Office stepping in to help Bicknell after town's chief arrested
- Bicknell police chief arrested on battery charge after incident with Knox County prosecutor's office investigator
- Bicknell City Council approved interlocal agreement with Knox County Sheriff's department
- Bicknell officer avoids trial through plea agreement
- Knox County, Bicknell reach an interlocal agreement - police operations handed over to the county in October
- After help Bicknell with police coverage, the Knox County Sheriff's Office says it will need to reevaluate resources ahead of the school year
- Bicknell tears down blighted homes
- Bicknell interlocal agreement passed 5-1
- Knox County Sheriffs Department gets new equiptment
- Voters select Knox County Sheriff and Clerk