VINCENNES, Ind. (WVUT) - The County Council has proposed a few changes to an interlocal agreement for management of the Pantheon Business Theater Project.
Discussion during the County Council’s meeting Tuesday night regarding the Pantheon largely revolved around the proposed 5th member of the board that would oversee the project, someone appointed from INVIN.
Per the terms of the agreement proposed to the council, the other four members would come from City Council, the County Commissioners, the Mayor’s office and one from the County Council.
Eventually, a motion in support of the interlocal agreement was passed 5-1 with two adjustments: one regarding real estate at the end of building and one leaving the 5th member of the board as INVIN, but limiting that position to a 5 year term.
The Council also formally agreed to put up a matching $27,000 for an OCRA grant that would see repairs made the front of the Pantheon.
This was described as a “gentlemen’s agreement” with the city. The account the funds would be transferred from must be advertised before a motion can officially be made, which is expected to happen at the council’s next meeting.
- Knox County Council readjusts Pantheon agreement
- Potential inter-local agreement in Knox County to operate Pantheon Theatre
- Pantheon Theater applies for grant
- Pantheon Theater Project moving forward
- Purdue announces $2 million towards Pantheon project
- Plans accepted for Pantheon theatre project
- Knox County burn ban lifted
- Knox County prepares for primaries
- Plans revealed for the future of the Pantheon Theater
- Knox County burn ban affects local campers