KNOX COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An interlocal agreement has been reached between Knox County and the City of Bicknell.
That agreement will provide law enforcement services to the city.
The Knox County Sheriff's Office has been covering Bicknell after the town's police department has been short-staffed after several legal issues.
City dispatch will be transitioned to Knox County Central Dispatch on October 1 at 6:00 a.m.
Bicknell city operations will stop at that point.
- Knox County, Bicknell reach an interlocal agreement - police operations handed over to the county in October
- Bicknell interlocal agreement passed 5-1
- Knox County commissioners pass interlocal agreement 2-1
- Bicknell City Council approved interlocal agreement with Knox County Sheriff's department
- County leaders approve Interlocal Agreement to fund new convention center
- Bicknell officer avoids trial through plea agreement
- Knox County Council readjusts Pantheon agreement
- Bicknell police chief arrested on battery charge after incident with Knox County prosecutor's office investigator
- Potential inter-local agreement in Knox County to operate Pantheon Theatre
- Knox County Sheriff's Office to cover shifts for Bicknell officer placed on administrative leave