TERRE HAUTE Ind. (WTHI)- It's officially spring break for several schools in the Wabash Valley.
It started off a little rainy, but that didn't stop the kids from having some fun.
Monday was the start of the Griffin Bike Park day camp.
This week, kids will get the chance to meet new friends, ride their bikes and participate in clinics.
Some parents said it's a great way for their kids to build skills they'll need later in life.
"It's an opportunity for him to be comfortable with being uncomfortable and a chance to learn how to make small talk and really introduce himself and really put himself in a position to know how to get comfortable meeting new people and making friends quickly," said Nathan Shaumlefel.
Organizers said there are 24 kids signed up for camp this year.
The camp runs through Friday.
- Kids kickoff spring break at Griffin Bike Park day camp
- Community Spotlight: Griffin Bike Park
- Lt. Gov visits Griffin Bike Park
- Work continues at Griffin Bike Park
- Griffin Bike Park kicks off bike season with several races
- Groundbreaking for special trail takes place at Griffin Bike Park
- Griffin Bike Park receives letter of support from county commissioners
- Kids can go to day camp over Spring Break
- Griffin Bike Park opens up the only all access bike park
- Spring break activities keeping kids busy at the Children's Museum