WEST TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Students had the chance to enjoy the great outdoors while learning.
Tuesday was 'Kids Day at Dewey Point' in West Terre Haute.
It included third graders from Fayette, Sugar Creek Consolidated, and West Vigo Elementary Schools.
They had fun exploring five different stations.
Each one focused on an Indiana science education standard.
"The motion we were rolling down hills and doing somersaults, that was really fun. The next station we went acting like animals and learned the life cycle of frogs," 3rd Grader Aubrey Turner said.
They also explored ecosystems and the water cycle.
- Kids get the chance to spend some time outside...while learning
- Sullivan kids have the chance to learn about healthy bodies
- Former treasurer to spend time in jail
- Camp Bruce give kids the chance to learn with unique tools
- Local kids get the chance to learn how a hospital works during visit
- Kids learn about magic of reading
- Kids learn about business on Lemonade Day
- Local group gave voters the chance to learn about candidates
- Students take the chance to learn about human rights