TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The Indiana Youth Institute is working to encourage healthier relationship habits among teenagers.
On Thursday, the organization teamed up with the Council on Domestic Abuse.
The held a workshop to help prevent teen dating violence.
The workshop taught people how to recognize warning signs.
People also learned what to do when those warning signs have been identified.
Organizers say it's important to note, teen dating violence doesn't look much different than what happens with adults.
The month of February marks "Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month."
- Keeping teens safe: IYI warns about dating violence
- Keeping Kids Safe From Holiday Hazards
- Keep your pets safe this Easter
- Scheid Diesel Extravaganza underway, police warn drives to keep it safe
- UPDATE: Missing teen girl located, safe
- UPDATE: Missing Greene County teen located safely
- How to keep your plants safe when the temperature drops
- How to keep your pets safe this winter
- VCPL issues statement on steps used to keep you safe