VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - We have new information for you about a Wabash Valley campground.
The former Terre Haute KOA is now under new ownership. It also has a new name.
It's now called 'The Terre Haute Campground.'
The new owners say they have big plans. They told us they want to clean the place up, renovate the store and restrooms, and fix drainage problems.
They're also taking the facility out of the 'Kampgrounds of America' system.
The new owners say they can't afford the KOA fees and still make the necessary improvements.
"They (KOA) don't have the high standards that we have and the team that we have is unbelievable and they want to keep the place clean and nice and raise the standards and be basically a resort so people can come and enjoy it," owner Chet Kiefer said.
They also run the Lakewood Campground in Effingham, Illinois.
- KOA in Vigo County under new ownership, with planned improvements
- Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan Announced
- Road improvements up ahead for Vigo County
- Gun ownership and mental health
- With new ownership, Meadows plans a grand reopening
- Riley restaurant reopens under new ownership
- Brazil shopping center under new ownership
- Vigo County applying for funding to improve rural areas
- City of Sullivan shares wastewater improvement plans
- Vigo County Health Report reveals the county's mosquito control plan