VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Jury selection is complete and a Terre Haute man will be tried for impersonating a police officer.
On February 10th of last year, the Vigo County Sheriff's Office says someone walked into the Hamilton Center wearing a coat with a sheriff's office insignia.
An employee told police Steve Ferree identified himself as John Wilson and asked to speak with the Hamilton Center about a jail inmate.
Two members of the sheriff's office identified Ferree using surveillance photos.
His trial should wrap up on Wednesday.
- Jury selection complete for Terre Haute man accused of impersonating a police officer
- Verdict reached for Terre Haute man accused of impersonating a police officer
- Terre Haute man behind bars, accused of impersonating an officer and stealing guns
- Terre Haute man arrested for impersonating police officer for the second time in one month
- Shawn Keen selected as new Terre Haute Police Chief
- New Terre Haute apartment building nearing completion
- Terre Haute man arrested for impersonating a police officer, detectives want to know if he has approached you
- Jury seated in Terre Haute murder case
- Police: Arrested Terre Haute man threatened to kill officers
- Jury selection underway for man accused of setting fire to Bridgeton Bridge in 2005