CRAWFORD COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - An Oblong, Illinois woman has been sentenced in connection to her mother's murder.
Kristine Phillippe, 41, was sentenced to 18 years with the Illinois Department of Corrections on Wednesday. An additional three years will be served on supervised release.
Phillippe pleaded guilty to home invasion. The judge dismissed the other charges, including murder.
ORIGINAL STORY | "ONE TIME IS TOO MANY" SHERIFF REACTS TO RECENT MURDER CASE
In July of 2018, police accused Phillippe and her boyfriend, Jason Strawbridge, of killing Phillippe's mother, Sandra Kendall. Kendall had filed a protective order against Phillippe just before her murder, according to police.
In August, a judge sentenced Jason Strawbridge to 45 years in prison.
- Judge sentences woman in Crawford County, Illinois murder case
- One dead after crash in Crawford County, Illinois
- Crawford County hosts Horse Show
- Judge upholds local man's murder sentence
- North Carolina man found guilty on first-degree murder charges for killing Crawford County woman
- Services announced for Crawford County woman killed on Tuesday
- Crawford County residents 'carol for a cause'
- Semi driver charged after Crawford County crash
- Crawford County seeks help with carnival rides
- Judge dismisses hunting related case