TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local woman is thanking a Terre Haute judge for his quick thinking and actions.
"I just started choking. I mean it was terrifying, i just started choking and I took off to the women's restroom and the judge came behind me and he was giving me the heimlich. I mean he saved my life." said Kim Worland.
Worland was enjoying lunch with her husband when she started choking.
She says Judge Matthew Sheehan jumped in to help.
Worland says he was the only one in the restaurant who knew how to do the Heimlich Maneuver.
Now she says she's going to learn it herself.
It's important to note there are two different ways to help someone who is chocking.
- Judge saves local woman from choking
- Man arrested for choking woman
- 4th grade boys save kindergartner choking on cereal
- Indiana state police sergeant spots, saves choking motorist
- Local man facing charges for allegedly choking a family member
- A life saving procedure: Local woman shares brain aneurysm journey
- Firefighters get Facebook message, help save choking teen 800 miles away
- A 9-year-old boy saves toddler from choking on Lifesaver candy
- Judge upholds local man's murder sentence
- Driver choking on pizza leads to I-70 backup for hours