TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - The trial of Vigo County's former school superintendent has been postponed.
Danny Tanoos faces three felony counts of bribery.
The Marion County Prosecutor's Office accuses Tanoos of awarding contracts with one company in exchange for personal favors.
His trial has been set for December.
Last month, his lawyers filed a motion to dismiss his case.
In response, the prosecutor's office filed a motion to continue the case.
The judge postponed the pretrial hearing, along with the trial, indefinitely.
A hearing on Tanoos' motion to dismiss will take place on December 19th.
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos wraps up his last day as superintendent
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- Judge denies motion to dismiss the charges against former Vigo County School Corporation Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos to appear for a judge on November 14th
- An emotional Danny Tanoos announces his retirement as Superintendent of VCSC
- A bittersweet goodbye: Dr. Danny Tanoos attends last board meeting as superintendent
- Appeals court affirms bribery charges against former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Judge grants Danny Tanoos the ability to take case to the court of appeals
- Judge approves continuance for former VCSC Supt. Danny Tanoos, pushing his court date to next year