CLAY COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - A judge in Clay County, Illinois has blocked the new modified extension for the Illinois stay-at-home order, according to our CBS affiliate in the state.
Governor JB Pritzker says the state's Attorney General's Office will appeal the ruling.
Representative Darren Bailey filed the lawsuit last week, arguing the governor overstepped his authority.
Bailey says the governor is violating the civil rights of the residents by extending the stay-at-home order for an additional 30 days.
Bailey represents part of News 10's Illinois viewing area.
The order, which has modifications, is set to start on Friday.