INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - We've learned new details in the case against Danny Tanoos. An Indiana judge granted his request for a continuance.
Tanoos' team asked for this on Friday. On Monday, the court approved the request.
Court documents show his attorneys intend to file a petition to transfer, asking the Indiana Supreme Court to accept the jurisdiction of the case. His next court appearance is set for March 18.
You may remember Tanoos is facing charges out of Marion County, Indiana.
Authorities say he accepted gifts in exchange for awarding contracts with the Vigo County School Corporation.
Tanoos was scheduled to appear in court on December 18.
- Judge approves continuance for former VCSC Supt. Danny Tanoos, pushing his court date to next year
- Former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos faces three felony bribery charges
- VCSC 'moving forward' following termination of Danny Tanoos
- Appeals court affirms bribery charges against former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos to appear for a judge on November 14th
- Judge postpones trial for former superintendent Danny Tanoos
- Danny Tanoos' court date originally set for Wednesday rescheduled for next month
- Danny Tanoos set to go to court on Wednesday
- Judge grants Danny Tanoos the ability to take case to the court of appeals
- After losing appeals, former VCSC Superintendent Danny Tanoos's legal team asks state supreme court to look into charges