JASONVILLE, Ind. (WTHI) - An arrest has been made after a fatal hit in run in Greene County.
It happened on West Main Street on Monday night in Jasonville.
According to police, 66-year-old Billy Schubla of Linton hit a 54-year-old man and then fled the scene.
Police say the victim was airlifted to Regional Hospital in Terre Haute, where he died.
They are not releasing his identity at this time.
Witnesses helped police identify the truck.
Using evidence from the scene and video from local business cameras, police were able to narrow down the search to a 1982-1983 Ford F-150 XL truck.
They used BMV records to narrow it down even further, leading them to Schubla.
Schubla was charged with failure to stop after an accident resulting in death.
He is currently in the Greene County Jail.
- Jasonville Police make arrest after fatal hit and run
- Jasonville Boil Order Lifted
- Police looking for suspect in Jasonville
- Police make arrest after hit and run crash
- Jasonville Couple authors “A Puzzle Half Finished”
- Jasonville Police asking for help finding stolen Jeep Wrangler
- Search continues for a driver that allegedly hit a Jasonville pedestrian, and then fled the scene
- Jasonville residents without water, boil order to follow
- Trailer located in Jasper County fatal hit and run, police still looking for driver
- Police in Jasonville search for driver that reportedly left the scene of a crash involving a pedestrian