VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - A local organization is hoping to help you get fit in the new year.
Jam Fitness is offering a free workout class.
Jam Fitness is a dance fitness class.
It is like Zumba, except you do moves like squats and lunges to music.
The class was previously offered at the Terre Haute National Guard Armory but has moved to the Wabash Valley Family Sports Center.
Leaders say Jam Fitness is a 'Gateway Workout.'
"I hated all other workouts. You know...running wasn't fun. I didn't really know what I was doing, so I started out with dance fitness and really gained a love and respect for working out and being healthy. Now, I go to the gym and I feel much more comfortable," Carlee Sluder told us.
To learn more, click here.
- Jam Fitness getting ready for new home with free fitness class
- Getting fiscally fit in 2018
- 'Get fit' in downtown Terre Haute Friday
- Old Post Bluegrass Jams
- Local students jam into summer
- Snowy owls wintering in US fitted with tiny tracking devices
- Pentagon restricts use of fitness trackers, other devices
- Bored with exercise? Virtual reality, immersive fitness might help
- Marshall community kicks off summer with "fit foodie tri" event
- Indiana State University celebrates a decade of fitness on campus