SULLIVAN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Another phone scam is circulating in Sullivan County. That's according to the Sheriff's Office.
The office says scammers are calling family members of recently jailed people or recently released people.
Officials say the callers identify themselves as an "officer" and says more bond money is needed or the person will be re-arrested.
The Sheriff's Office says bond corrections are rare and would be handled in person at the jail or through the court system.
If you get a call like this, you should hang up, and contact the Sheriff's Office directly at 812-268-4308.
For more information, click here.
- Jail bond phone scam circulates in Sullivan County
- Sheriff's Office warning of phone scam circulating in Vigo County
- Vigo County Sheriff's Office warns of 'jail bond scam'
- Sullivan County exploring jail options
- Sullivan County now suffering from jail overcrowding
- Brazil PD warns of phone scam
- Sullivan County Ambulance update
- Sullivan County Road Closure
- Sullivan County leaders exploring options for jail project
- Sullivan County leaders hear proposal for new jail