TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - A local college is taking agriculture into the future.
Ivy Tech Community College is only one of five colleges in the country with a precision ag major.
Now, the school is upgrading and expanding its facility.
There was a special open house on Wednesday.
Precision Ag uses technology to monitor crops and soil health.
The college is in the middle of a campaign to get money for equipment.
This facility is part of a mission to train the next generation of farm workers.
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class
- Ivy Tech Community College MRI Certificate
- Ivy Tech holds 15th CNC Graduation
- 10 inmates complete Ivy Tech welding program
- 'Welcome Week' kicks off at Ivy Tech