TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) -- Ivy Tech is teaming up with the Indiana Volunteer Firefighters Association to give back to those who serve.
Starting in the spring of 2020, volunteer firefighters and EMS responders can attend Ivy Tech for free.
This scholarship opportunity is available for new and current students who are seeking a degree from Ivy Tech. A student can use the scholarship toward any program with the exception of general studies and aviation.
An eligible student must apply to Ivy Tech, complete the FAFSA and submit a letter to the registrar from the fire department or medical provider verifying active volunteer status.
Ivy Tech has committed $250,000 towards piloting this program over the next two years.
More information is available here.
- Ivy Tech offers scholarship for Volunteer First Responders
- Ivy Tech offers new mining class
- Ivy Tech announces new scholarship focused on leadership development
- Ivy Tech teaming up to provide scholarships for future first responders
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech offers opportunity to shadow Diesel Technology Program
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day