VIGO COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Local students are preparing for careers in health fields.
Ivy Tech Community College hosted the Future Health Professional’s mock competition. It's part of the Health Occupations Students of America or HOSA group.
100 high school students practiced testing for health and medical skills. There were also interview and presentation sessions.
We talked to one student who is in her second year with the program.
“I would like to major in health sciences with a concentration in public health, I would've never even imagined or experience public health without HOSA,” explained Olivia Dillion, senior at Terre Haute South. “After doing my past public health project for HOSA on the Zika virus, I realized I truly love it. I want to go on to be a physician’s assistant.”
Friday’s event was in preparation for a state competition in April.
- Ivy Tech hosts Future Health Professional's mock competition
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech hosts career fair, nearly 50 employers on hand
- Ivy Tech holds annual Community Health and Wellness Fair
- Not afraid of some dirt. First Female Student to Wins Ivy Tech auto competition
- Ivy Tech's Precision Ag facility grows
- Ivy Tech students receive hands-on experience
- Ivy Tech holds Express Enrollment Day
- The serious shortage of mental health professionals