TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- Ivy Tech hosted it's Welding Skills Competition for local high school students. The event included top Junior and Seniors from six career centers.
Participants completed a written test as well as a practical test to show off their trade.
While the event provides bragging rights for the participants, Assistant Professor Darrin Dayhoff hopes the competition helps each student in their professional career.
"This is helping them with their interview and testing skills. Also, they're developing their blueprint reading and the techniques we use in the lab" Dayhoff said.
The competition resulted in two first place winners. Kyle Hasselburg of Bloomington took first place in the Senior division and Jonathan Thinkston of Sullivan won the junior division.
- Ivy Tech hosts welding competition
- 10 inmates complete Ivy Tech welding program
- Ivy Tech hosts Future Health Professional's mock competition
- Ivy Tech hosts annual agriculture expo
- Ivy Tech to host car care clinic
- Ivy Tech hosts career fair, nearly 50 employers on hand
- Ivy tech hosting Express Enrollment Day next weekend
- Ivy Tech to host Express Enrollment on October 10
- Ivy Tech hosts wellness fair; offering screenings and educational opportunities
- Not afraid of some dirt. First Female Student to Wins Ivy Tech auto competition