TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI)- News 10 has been in contact with the Vigo County Sheriff, the County Commissioners, as well as Rob McMullen himself.
Much is still being learned on the sudden decision for McCullen's termination but News 10 has learned what the next step for the county is.
County Commissioner President Brad Anderson said an interim director has been selected. Chief Deputy Steve Meng of Vigo County will step into the director position.
The position will also be assisted by retired deputy Jeff Fox. Fox will focus more on managing the technical side of 9-1-1 dispatch.
Brad Anderson said now they will begin searching for a full-time replacement for the position, but it could take some time to fill that role.
"Cause you have to advertise it and we would go nationwide for a position like this and so it would take time. There's also a 9-1-1 advisory board that helps with this position," said Anderson.
Like mentioned before News 10 is still working to learn more behind McMullen's departure. No one is telling us exactly "why" he was let go other than the commissioners say they are seeking change.
News 10 will continue to bring new any new updates as we learn more.
- Interim Vigo County 9-1-1 director announced after removal of McMullen
- Commissioner tells News 10 Vigo County 911 Director Rob McMullen terminated
- Interim Vigo County 911 Director brings over 20 years of experience
- Troubled Illinois nursing home announces interim administrator
- Boys and Girl Club has a new interim director
- Candidate removed from Vigo County primary ballot
- Another community launches Text to 9-1-1 service
- Vigo County Parks Superintendent announces her resignation
- Vigo County Industrial Park Improvement Plan Announced
- The search continues for a Vigo County 911 director