TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - One local group spent Saturday promoting dental hygiene.
The organization called League of Terre Haute packed boxes full of toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and other dental hygiene items.
The group will send the boxes to local schools for kindergarteners through 5th graders. They will also send the items to daycares and preschools.
The high schoolers who volunteered to help the League of Terre Haute are involved with a group called "Interact." We spoke with one high schooler who says it's very important to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Interact President Victoria Mier says, “It's important to keep in mind that those who do have dental hygiene are blessed with what they have and that not everyone has that same blessing so we all need to pitch in when we can give when we can."
Mier says all of the volunteers were happy to help.
- League of Terre Haute promotes healthy smiles by packing boxes
- Fans pack the stands at the Terre Haute Action Track
- New healthy business opens in downtown Terre Haute
- Packing healthy lunches for back to school time
- Terre Haute Blessing Box accepting donations to keep helping people
- Terre Haute Blessing Box receives a major blessing
- Kids learn how to cook healthy food at Terre Haute Children's Museum
- West Terre Haute Little League back in the game, but still needs your help
- Terre Haute wind broke not only the 'blessing box' but the hearts of those who donated
- A donation will help Terre Haute Blessing Box stand up to strong winds