TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - An inmate was found unresponsive at the Federal Correctional Institution in Terre Haute.
The death is being investigated as a homicide.
According to a press release sent to News 10, 68-year-old Robert Neal was found dead in his cell on Saturday.
Officials say no staff or other inmates were injured, and at no time was the public in danger.
Neal was serving a 327-month sentence for wire fraud and aiding and abetting.
He has been in custody at the medium security facility since December of 2010.
- Inmate death at Terre Haute Federal Prison investigated a homicide
- Investigation into death at Terre Haute's federal prison underway
- FBI investigating death at Terre Haute's federal prison
- Police investigate homicide in Terre Haute
- Terre Haute federal prison officer sentenced for taking bribes to let inmates leave the property
- Terre Haute federal inmate sentenced for assaulting correctional officer
- Terre Haute's federal prison set to hold career fair
- John Walker Lindh isn't the only notable inmate who has spent time in Terre Haute's federal prison
- Putnam County death being investigated as homicide
- Terre Haute man sentenced to 23-years in federal prison for drug trafficking