TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - With only two months left before the month of May, there's one royal princess in Terre Haute.
She's counting down the days!
Maggie Glowinski is a sophomore at Indiana State University.
She was recently picked as one of the 33 princesses for the 500 Festival.
Glowinski is the only princess from Terre Haute this year.
She says it's a once in a lifetime opportunity.
"I'm extremely humbled to represent the 500 this way. It's a big part of my family and how I grow up. You know we always listened to the race, it was always watching the parades. Just to be able to represent that and represent in that way has been a huge opportunity," Glowinski said.
The Indy 500 takes place on May 27th this year.
- Indy 500 Princess counting down the days
- Rossi finishes second to Pagenaud in dramatic Indy 500
- SCHEDULE | Drivers hit the track for third day of Indy 500 practice at IMS
- Zac Brown Band to headline Firestone Legends Day Concert for this year’s Indy 500
- Two of the 33 Indianapolis 500 Festival Princesses are Terre Haute sisters
- Youngsters meet princesses over tea
- Pace car for Pacer: NBA's Victor Oladipo to start Indy 500
- Indianapolis native, Butler grad Ed Carpenter claims third career Indy 500 pole
- ‘Smoke’ in the Indy 500? Tony Stewart considering 2019 return to IMS
- Avon police arrest 2-time Indy 500 winner Al Unser, Jr. on OWI charge