PARKE COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - An Indianapolis man is facing charges after police say he drove through and damaged a Parke County covered bridge.
The sheriff's office says deputies went to the Jackson Covered Bridge on Wednesday afternoon.
The bridge is just north of Bloomingdale.
Deputies received a report for a hit and run crash at the bridge. They found the bridge had several broken or damaged upper support beams.
Police arrested Michael Dodson of Indianapolis. Deputies said he was driving a furniture delivery truck they found at a house in the area.
Dodson is facing a preliminary charge of leaving the scene of a property damage crash.
- Indianapolis man charged after police say he damaged Parke County covered bridge
- Parke County covered bridge closed for repairs
- Covered Bridge Festival keeping police in Parke County busy
- Water levels drop at Parke County Covered Bridges
- Police say 135-year-old covered bridge damaged by a driver in Greene County
- Parke County man sentenced after jury convicts him of covered bridge arson
- Scammers stopped at Covered Bridge Festival
- Nice weather improves Covered Bridge Festival Profits
- Covered Bridge Festival continues through weekend
- Local business thrives during Covered Bridge Festival