INDIANAPOLIS (AP) - Indianapolis International Airport leaders say it saw a record number of 8.77 million passengers last year.
Airport officials say its number of passengers on both arriving and departing flights jumped about 3 percent from 2016, following a 6.4 percent jump from 2015.
The Indianapolis Business Journal reports the 2017 passenger figure topped the airport's previous record of 8.52 million passengers set in 2005.
Airport executive Marsha Stone says it had five record-breaking months last year, with June being the busiest month as it served nearly 420,000 passengers.
Information from: Indianapolis Business Journal, http://www.ibj.com
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Indianapolis airport sets passenger record during 2017
- Indianapolis International airport sets passenger record
- Indianapolis airport looking at retail, food changes
- Indianapolis airport gets kiosks for international travelers
- Services set for retired Indianapolis archbishop
- TSA orders passengers to evacuate Houston's Hobby airport
- Indianapolis ties criminal homicide record following murder on northeast side
- Indiana had record number of drug overdose deaths in 2017
- Duke Energy customers set record for energy usage
- Colts' Vinatieri gets new deal, chance to set scoring record