CROWN POINT, Ind. (AP) — Authorities have charged a northwestern Indiana woman in the bludgeoning death of her infant daughter.
The (Northwest Indiana) Times reports 25-year-old Lisa Marie Rodriguez of Hammond appeared in court Friday a day after being arrested. She was charged with murder and other crimes in connection with the death Tuesday of 4-month-old Brooklynn Rodriguez.
Rodriguez requested an attorney and said she had no income or property.
Brooklynn’s death was ruled a homicide by blunt force trauma to the head. A pathologist also found bruises on the girl’s torso.
Brooklynn’s father, Nicholas Bray, faces criminal charges. He’s accused of twice attacking Lisa Marie Rodriguez while she was pregnant, though his attorney says Bray was defending himself.
- Indiana woman charged in bludgeoning death of infant
- Sentencing process underway for woman in infant death case
- Authorities investigating infant death in Clay County
- Central Indiana woman formally charged in son’s car death
- Infant dead after Frankfort, Indiana house fire
- Kids2 rocking sleepers recalled after five infant deaths
- CASA holds presentation on Sudden Unexplained Infant Deaths
- Indiana among the worst states for infant mortality
- Indiana man gets 15 years for plotting to poison infant
- Indiana infant mortality rate reaches biggest decrease in years