CORYDON, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say a southern Indiana elementary school teacher has been charged with 36 counts of child molesting involving a single child over three years.
Prosecutor Otto Schalk said Monday that Corey Faith has admitted the molestations occurred from 2005 to 2007 in the defendant’s home, his third-grade classroom at New Middletown Elementary School in Corydon and elsewhere.
At an initial hearing Monday in Harrison Superior Court, a not guilty plea was entered on behalf of Faith. He was being held at the Harrison County Jail on a $250,000 cash-only bond.
A probable cause affidavit says the victim was 12 years old when the molestations began.
Online court records didn’t list an attorney for Faith.
The South Harrison Community School Corp. delivered notice Monday of its intent to fire Faith.
- Indiana teacher faces 36 molestation charges; single victim
- Man facing charges for child molestation
- Man facing child molesting charges appears in court
- Indiana child molestation suspect nabbed in Alabama
- Indiana teacher charged with drug possession
- Terre Haute man charged with molestation
- Rockville man arrested on child molestation charge
- Clay County man charged with child molesting
- Lengthy investigation lands two men behind bars, facing child solicitation, molesting charges
- UPDATE: Greene County man faces child molestation charges turns himself in