CLARKSVILLE, Ind. (AP) — Authorities in southern Indiana say a man isn’t expected to face charges for fatally shooting another man who attacked a woman and her daughter in a domestic dispute.
Clark County Coroner Billy Scott identified the dead man as 31-year-old Brandon Haycraft.
Clarksville Police Chief Mark Palmer says Haycraft chased the woman and the girl from an apartment into a parking lot Tuesday, hitting and kicking them, when an armed neighbor intervened and held Haycraft at gunpoint held while the woman and her daughter escaped. Palmer says Haycraft then went after the neighbor, who warned Haycraft several times before shooting him.
The name of the neighbor hasn’t been released.
The News and Tribune reports the woman and her daughter were treated for minor injuries. The daughter was younger than 10.
- Indiana man fatally shoots another who beat woman, girl
- Autopsy shows 8-foot python fatally strangled Indiana woman
- Fort Worth cop resigns after fatally shooting black woman
- Girl hurt in Indiana school shooting was hit 7 times
- Indiana girl dies after accidental shooting by brother, 3
- Authorities: Man fatally shot in Indiana hunting accident
- Opry Mills shooting: Man fatally shot at Nashville, Tenn. mall
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- Indiana GOP divided over 'man and a woman' marriage question
- Indiana man charged with neglect after toddler shoots sister