INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - Flags in Indiana are back to full staff, just five days after the death of former U.S. Senator Birch Bayh.
Indiana Governor Eric Holcomb ordered flags to be flown at half staff until sunset on the day of his funeral.
News 10 has learned that is service was held in Maryland the day after his death.
Bayh's remains will be buried in Arlington National Cemetary at a later date.
If you have a memory of Bayh or wish to send condolences to the family, the funeral home has a tribute wall.
- Indiana flags ordered to return to full staff
- Holcomb orders flags to half-staff to honor Birch Bayh
- Holcomb orders flags to half-staff to honor Barbara Bush
- Gov. Holcomb orders Indiana flags to fly half-staff for Peace Officers Memorial Day
- Indiana's governor orders flags to half-staff on Friday to honor fallen trooper
- Holcomb: Fly flags at half-staff for Texas shooting victims
- Holcomb directs flags to half-staff for Patriots Day
- Holcomb directs flags to half-staff for bar shooting victims
- Boil order for Montezuma, Indiana
- Casino bill heads to full Indiana House