INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (WTHI) - An Indiana bill that would legalize sports wagering will now be heard by the House Public Policy Committee.
It will also consider a second bill that would put a casino in Terre Haute.
That's the next stop for Senate Bills 66 and 552.
Both bills passed the Indiana Senate last month.
The House Public Policy Committee chairman has not set a hearing date for these bills.
A majority of the committee members voted for a bill in 2015 that allowed for riverboat casinos to be moved inland.
- Indiana casino bill moves to House Public Policy Committee
- Casino bill passes the Public Policy Committee, but with some changes
- Casino bill heads to full Indiana House
- Gaming bills set to go in front of House Public Policy Committee on Wednesday
- Indiana Senate Bill 2 passes unanimously in committee
- Indiana House speaker has deal arranged by casino investor
- House, Senate committees to hear Sunday booze sales bills
- House committee approves Sunday alcohol sales bill in 12-1 vote
- House committee advances Sunday alcohol sales bill in 9-1 vote
- Indiana lawmakers approve new casinos, sports betting