BERNE, Ind. (AP) — A northeastern Indiana sheriff says an 11-year-old boy has died after he was accidentally shot by a younger sibling.
Adams County Sheriff Daniel Mawhorr says the shooting occurred Wednesday afternoon at a rural address. The victim died before medics could arrive.
The name of the dead boy hasn’t been released.
Mawhorr’s office says the incident will be referred to prosecutors for further review.
- Indiana boy accidentally shot dead by sibling
- Indiana teen charged in suffocation deaths of his 2 siblings
- Police: Indiana officer accidentally shoots, wounds self
- Investigators: Indiana boy shot trooper dad over video games
- Authorities: Dead dogs dumped in Indiana were shot, beaten
- Indiana girl dies after accidental shooting by brother, 3
- VCSC collecting donations for 3 Indiana siblings hit and killed at bus stop
- School bus safety bill passes Indiana House as family of 3 siblings killed fights for change
- Missing Indiana woman found dead
- Girl’s escape exposes horror of 13 siblings kept captive