TERRE HAUTE Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State University is celebrating 10 years of fitness on campus.
On this day 10 years ago, the student recreation center opened on campus.
On Wednesday, those at the rec got the chance to enjoy some treats and enter to win some giveaway baskets as a celebration.
Organizers said they're grateful to see the improvements they've made in the last decade and are looking toward the future.
"We're always trying to make improvements and do new things and try new things. You know it's always fun when people see it for the first time, and they're just surprised at what a really nice facility is and how much fun it is to be here," said Theresa Ortega, who works at ISU.
Another celebration is planned for the fall when students get back on campus.
- Indiana State University celebrates a decade of fitness on campus
- Campus police talk safety at Indiana State University
- 11th year for Fit for Future event at Indiana State University
- Shooting near Ball State campus prompts alert from university
- 21 voting centers approved for Vigo County, including one located on campus of Indiana State University
- Music fills the air on the campus of Indiana State University
- Students turn out in force to vote on the campus of Indiana State University
- Cold weather causes Indiana State University to close campus for the first time since 2014
- Indiana State University projects attract 1,200 jobs
- Indiana State University receives $64 million project