MARTIN COUNTY, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana State Police have released the name of the passenger killed in a two vehicle accident Wednesday morning in Martin County.
The accident happened on U.S. 231 near Boggs Lake.
ISP reports a 2008 Dodge Avenger was struck on U.S. 231 near 700 North after a 2002 Honda Civic crossed into the other lane for an unknown reason.
Police identified the driver of the Dodge Avenger as Zachary Greene, 29 of Loogootee. Greene was treated for injuries to his legs and ankle.
The passenger in the Dodge Avenger has been identified as John Brett, 35 of Shoals. Brett was taken to Memorial Hospital in Jasper and then later taken to St. Vincent Hospital in Evansville where he later died from his injuries.
The driver of the Honda Civic was identified as Kevin Sears, 60 of Odon. Police report Sears died at the scene.
- Indiana State Police release name of passenger killed in two vehicle accident in Martin County on Wednesday morning
- Three vehicle accident Wednesday morning in southern Vigo County
- Police release names in fatal accident in Washington, Indiana
- Martin County man killed in crash
- Falling tree kills driver in Martin County
- Illinois State Trooper killed in accident
- Driver killed in Clark County accident
- No injuries reported after two vehicle accident in Parke County Monday morning
- One taken to hospital after Parke County vehicle accident
- Terre Haute Police investigate Wednesday morning shooting