TERRE HAUTE, Ind. (WTHI) - Indiana American Water customers may see a rate increase.
On Friday, the company filed a petition with the State Regulatory Commission.
On-going infrastructure investments are the reason for the proposed adjustment.
The company is asking for a phased increase through 2020.
When fully implemented, customers using 4,000 of water monthly would see a 16-percent increase.
If approved, residential customers would see an increase of $5.60 a month.
Public hearings will be part of the approval process.
- Indiana American Water customers could see a 16-percent rate increase
- Report: Indiana suicide rate increases
- Indiana American Water seeks rate hike for $542M in infrastructure
- 2 hearings set on Indiana American Water rate hike request
- American Water rate hike could be coming down the pipes
- Indiana American Water rates to rise by 8 percent in deal
- Report: Indiana's obesity rate is continuing to increase
- Shelburn water customers under a boil order
- Hydrant flushing for Seelyville Water Works Customers
- Boil order for Shelburn Municipal Water customers