CHICAGO (AP) — Illinois is launching a new state website aimed at helping people affected by gambling addictions.
The Illinois Department of Human Services on Monday announced the website WeKnowtheFeeling.org .
The new website comes as gambling is expanding across the nation . In Illinois, Gov. J.B. Pritzker is looking to expanded sports betting to help close a multibillion-dollar state budget hole. The Legislature would first have to legalize expanded wagering.
Illinois already operates a hotline for people with gambling problems. Deputy Governor Sol Flores says Illinois’ 24-hour hotline, 1-800-GAMBLER, receives thousands of calls each month. Flores says “we hope to see a large number of people utilize our website the same way.”
The website connects people to treatment and provides a place for people to share their stories.
- Illinois website offers help for gambling addictions
- New website to help Hoosiers vote
- Indiana auditor unveils new government transparency website
- Loogootee will soon have it's own website
- Illinois fire marshal offers safety tips for Thanksgiving
- New Illinois program to offer retirement savings plan
- Illinois State Police offer safety advice for State Fair
- Planned Parenthood of Illinois offering free birth control
- What makes eggnog so addictive?
- Indiana lawmakers move forward on legal sports gambling