PALESTINE, Ill. (WTHI) - Consolidation plans for two Illinois schools now lie in the hands of the state superintendent.
The regional superintendent has approved the Palestine Unit 3 and Hutsonville Unit One petition.
It proposes an election vote for Marsh 20th, 2018.
The state superintendent is required to act on the petition in the next three weeks.
After that, there will be an administrative review period.
During that time, any decisions may be appealed.
An attempt to consolidate back in 2002 failed.
- Illinois school consolidation moves to state superintendent
- School consolidation goes to a vote
- Students' perspective on new consolidated school
- Final community forum to discuss consolidation of two Illinois school corporations
- Northeast School Corp. looking at possibility of consolidation
- Vigo County school consolidation: Factors in decision and enrollment breakdown
- FAILED: No consolidation for Hutsonville - Palestine
- Indiana University Health prepares for $1B consolidation
- Richland county gets new school superintendent