PIATT COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - An Illinois school bus driver is facing charges after police say he was driving under the influence of drugs.
Police took a call on Tuesday night about a Mahomet-Seymour school bus driving inconsistently.
Officers found the bus on Interstate 72 in Piatt County.
That is about two hours northwest of Terre Haute.
Police arrested the bus driver, 69-year-old Marvin Bell.
Officers said there were 33 coaches and students on the bus.
- Illinois school bus driver accused of driving under the influence of drugs with students on board
- Indiana driver accused of letting students drive school bus pleads guilty
- Indiana school bus driver fired, allowed strangers on board
- 2 students, driver safely escape Indiana school bus fire
- Robinson schools in need of bus drivers
- More people are driving under the influence of drugs than alcohol
- Truck collides head-on with Illinois school bus; 2 dead
- 'Buster' teaches Oblong students school bus safety
- School board discusses plan for future bus barn
- School board moves forward to buy property for bus barn