LAWRENCE COUNTY, Ill. (WTHI) - Police need your help tracking down the driver accused of leaving the scene of a crash.
It happened Saturday afternoon, just before 3:30. It happened on Old route 50, just east of County Road 1620 E Lawrence County.
Illinois State Police say two vehicles were going east on Old Route 50. Police say a black car was passing a white Ford, driven by Samantha Jo Smith, 35, Princeton.
Officials say the black car did not finish passing and cut in front Smith's vehicle. Police say that's when Smith lost control of the car and skid sideways before going off the roadway, striking a ditch on the south side.
Police say Smith's vehicle overturned multiple times before landing upside down in a field. Officials say Smith was ejected from the vehicle.
Smith was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital before being transferred to IU Hospital in Bloomington, Indiana.
Officials say the driver of the black car drove off without stopping.
At this time, there is no other information for the black car or its driver. If you have any information, you can call the Illinois State Police District 12 at 217-347-2711.
- Illinois police looking for suspect accused of leaving scene of crash
- Man accused of leaving the scene of a Thursday morning crash already receives punishment
- Illinois Armed Robbery Suspect captured
- Terre Haute police chase leaves suspect hospitalized
- Volunteer firefighter killed at crash scene
- Man charged for leaving the scene of a crash after police say he wrecked, forcing SUV into a home
- Paris, Illinois Wendy's robbed at gunpoint, police search for suspects
- 2nd Illinois State Police trooper killed in crash this week
- Rare blitz of tornadoes leaves central Illinois with damage, injuries
- Local gun store plans to leave Illinois due to regulations