WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - Illinois State Police want to remind you to avoid the "fatal four violations."
They are DUI, speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, and distracted driving.
Last week, police held a state-wide speed awareness campaign.
They took a proactive approach throughout the day to enforce safety on the roads.
In a 24-hour period, police issued 697 tickets and 566 warnings for speeding.
They issued nearly 700 warnings for other traffic offenses.
Illinois State Police say they use the campaign to promote driving safety.
- Illinois State Police reminds drivers of fatal four violations
- Illinois State Police offer safety advice for State Fair
- Police remind drivers to watch out for kids near school bus stops
- Bus drivers see 45 stop arm violations in 50 days
- Illinois State Police work to push highway safety
- Police to start extra patrols targeting drivers that violate move over law
- Illinois stepping up patrols to prevent road fatalities during holidays
- Illinois school consolidation moves to state superintendent
- Illinois loses population, drops to 6th-largest state
- Illinois state trooper guilty of soliciting prostitute