WABASH VALLEY (WTHI) - Illinois State Police want to remind you to avoid the "fatal four violations."
They are DUI, speeding, not wearing a seatbelt, and distracted driving.
Last week, police held a state-wide speed awareness campaign.
They took a proactive approach throughout the day to enforce safety on the roads.
In a 24-hour period, police issued 697 tickets and 566 warnings for speeding.
They issued nearly 700 warnings for other traffic offenses.
Illinois State Police say they use the campaign to promote driving safety.
- Illinois State Police reminds drivers of fatal four violations
- Illinois State Police offer safety advice for State Fair
- Police remind drivers to watch out for kids near school bus stops
- Bus drivers see 45 stop arm violations in 50 days
- Police to start extra patrols targeting drivers that violate move over law
- Illinois State Police work to push highway safety
- 2nd Illinois State Police trooper killed in crash this week
- Illinois State Police aims to reconstruct declining force
- Illinois State Police set online gun dealer certification
- Illinois State Police to launch online rape evidence tracking tool